Dear Constellation Community,
September has flown by and we are gearing up for an even busier October. The last week of this month has been filled with exciting announcements, updates, new content, and a MeetUp. Read on for a recap of all that and more!
Earlier this week we announced that we are now a member of Hyperledger. Hyperledger, hosted under The Linux Foundation, was created as an open source collaboration with the aim to advance blockchain technologies across a variety of industries, and includes over 270 members to date. With the addition of Constellation, the multi-project, multi-stakeholder effort now includes over 10 business blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. Contributions of code as well as development from the community have enabled the rapid advancement of frameworks, which have been reflected in milestones such as the recent release of Hyperledger Fabric 1.2. Constellation plans to contribute their open source and cross chain approach to usher in real world use cases for consumers and businesses.
“Hyperledger and The Linux Foundation as a whole, share our commitment to the open source community’s role in making distributed ledger technology widely accessible,” said Wyatt Meldman-Floch, Constellation CTO. “Constellation’s intention is to provide a scalable consensus layer specifically tailored for integration with existing applications and frameworks. It is a tremendous honor and opportunity to begin exploring projects with the Hyperledger community in order to contribute to the project.”
- Combiner logic for our data types has been implemented.
- Foundations for snapshotting.
- Updating consensus for our new data model.
- Finishing the data model.
- Updating our network communication for the model and rate limiting.
- ‘Resolving’ new data, which means updating our local view of the network and making a decision on state.
White paper edits are also being made:
- Updating the sections on our data model.
- Breaking our data structures down in terms of the Edge data type.
New TC Disrupt Panel Video + Content
If you didn’t catch Wyatt and Ryle’s presentation at TechCrunch Disrupt, we have a new video edit which includes the slides from the presentation.
We had a great turnout at our Meetup earlier this week in SF – Beyond the ICO: New Approaches to Fundraising – with Jacob Mullins (Partner, Shasta Ventures), Constellation COO Ben Jorgensen, and Stan Miroshnik (CEO, Element Group). Thanks to all who came out, and we look forward to seeing even more of you next time. Check out the “Upcoming Events” section below to find out where we’ll be next!
- BlockTelegraph – Constellation’s Global Ambassadors Will Address Blockchain Adoption Challenges
- Constellation Joins Hyperledger
- CoinRivet – FedEx Bets on Blockchain as it Becomes Hyperledger Member
Upcoming Events / MeetUps
- Fintech Product Innovation, October 9, Portland, Oregon
- SF Blockchain week DAG panel, Oct 12, Info to come
- Block-Con 2018, October 10-12, Santa Monica, California
- World Crypto Con, October 31-Nov 2, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Scale by the Bay, November 15-17, San Francisco, California
The Constellation Team